February Costumer's Outing


The first week of February was the historical costumer's mini market in Williamsburg. I bought some jewelry from Dames a la Mode and tried on four corsets. The following day was a large meetup of costumers at Colonial Williamsburg. I think there were over 20 and perhaps many more. Some of us separated for lunch early on and some of us broke off at the end for more photos.

I made a new jacket for the occasion. It's a silk faille from Silk Baron in a deep eggplant color. I paired it with my silk/linen yellow petticoat. The jacket pattern is by JP Ryan. I've used it three times now to great effect. I added box pleated trim out of matching fabric.



I purchased silk mitts from Williamsburg Rose and a new hat from Fashions Revisited, both on Etsy. Once the hat arrived I knew I wanted to add more red to my outfit, so I added the red silk ribbons to the jacket. They tie the jacket closed over a stomacher.


 Jewelry was made by me. Kerchief is silk, from Dharma Trading. The white cap is from Flying Heart Millinery, bought at the Jane Austen Festival last summer.

Comments

  1. Hello! What color is that on silk baron! It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, it's called "enchantress".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts