Well I've finally finished my new corset, after avoiding doing the eyelets for so long. Once I started on them again, I got them all done pretty quickly, and then the binding too.
Corset is a gold silk taffeta, with a twill interlining and a cotton duck cloth lining. The boning channels are sewn thru the top two layers only to prevent the boning from rubbing on my skin (which was a major issue with the last corset). The binding is a dark gold silk dupioni, the same as on my old purple corset. And most importantly, this one fits! The purple one was too big.
I have to say that this corset is a really great example of my current skill level. I feel like each garment I make is an improvement on the last. Nowhere to go but up, I hope!