Current Project: Elizabethan Jacket

Ah yes, the Elizabethan embroidered jacket that we see quite often. Must mean they're awesome!

Here's one of the inspiration jackets. This one is linen and hand-embroidered (obviously). Mine will actually look quite similar. I drafted my own pattern based on the waistcoat patterns in Janet Arnold and Tudor Tailor.

I have this lovely light gold silk with purple embroidered flowers that I bought in San Diego a whole year ago. Jacket will be lined in gold silk, and I have gold lace for the edges and antique gold braid for the seam accents.

Here's how it looks now: lining and fashion fabric sewn into little vests :) Next step, the hip gores!













             Here's the back lining and front fashion fabric pattern pieces.

Comments

Popular Posts