I made this kirtle over a year ago, and decided that it needed some revamping. I'm going to Pennsic in a couple weeks, and as I was looking through my garb debating what to bring, my brain thought "this kirtle isn't good enough anymore", and instead of pushing it to the back of the closet, I spruced it up! Left is before (feb 2010), right is after:
Changes: 1. Added two more rows of trim, plus tacked down the old trim better. I did such a shoddy job last time around. 2. Removed the skirt from the bodice and cartridge pleated it, taking out the box pleats, and reattaching it. I don't think I will ever go back to box pleating thanks to Noelle teaching me cartridge pleating. 3. Changed out the ribbons from thin pink ones to wide cream ones.
Now it's ready for Pennsic, and I don't have to hide in shame!